1126 Yard Shot with Mosin Nagant.....Iron Sights

Grizzdude

What's up guys! I put together a little video for your enjoyment. Using the Mosin nagant 91/30 I attempt to hit a standard size AR500 torso target at a distance of 1126 yards or .64 miles.........using the iron sights! As Always I hope you guys enjoy the video and let me know what you think!

1100 Yard shot!

Good job, I think... My phone won't load YouTube right now so can't tell what it is I'm watching. Maybe later. Thanks for posting it though

I didn't think that could be done!

Were you shooting steel core ammo? If so, the second of the recorded shots, did that leave a divot in the plate?

Thanks guys, I was using Brown Bear 174gr FMJ ammo. The plate got painted by the lead but no dimple at all, smooth as butter.

Danred good shooting, I thought it was ridiculous shooting at a 12" blaze orange bull at 1175 with my WAY higher powered custom rifle using a very high powered Nightforce. I put 5 in a 9" group before the wind and mirage took it all away from me. LOL

Yours however beats mine hands down, open sights, sheesh I wished.....:D

well the irons do go out to to that distance. and ballisticly the caliber can do it. just a matter of precision and setup

good shot, and good mosin
:D

Only if you do not try .....

You are correct! :D If i ever get out west, i'll give it a run. Here in Wisconsin, i just don't have access to that long of a shooting area. I'm lucky to have 100 yards on private land open enough to shoot(very wooded), and the public ranges around here only go to 300 yards.

Back