1100 lwt 20g

oldscot3

What the heck, $7.00 for a barrel seal? Plus $8.00 shipping! We're talking about an o-ring for pete's sake. Anyone know a place that will drop one in an envelope and send it with a postage stamp?

Go find a hardware store, one that has been around for a long time. Chances are they have that "O" ring in stock and they just might have it in Viton.

Yeah, that's all I've ever used, just the plain vanilla Ace Hardware O-ring.
They seem to last plenty long enough and cost next to nothing.
If it's a gun that really gets used a lot, just change them once in awhile, as part of the regular maintenance.
Never had one fail, though.
Just be careful not to let the threads on the end of the mag tube damage them, when putting them on.

Gunsmiths normally carry these

Anyone know a place that will drop
Even though one will last for many seasons, it's always wise to have a spare on hand. Now, Gunsmiths are very familiar with these and they do try and keep a good supply, on hand. Why not just go to one of your local Gunsmiths and see if they have one? Just make sure they are made of the proper elastomer and not neoprene. ... ;)

Be Safe !!!

Rem 1100 O-rings

Back in 80s when I had shop I went to Industrial Supply that specialized in belts
and other rubber products. Took a 12g and 20g seal with me, got 100 of each
for $7.50 each. I bought the good ones they had cheaper grade for $6/100.
Like every thing else price is up, but try ind. supply got to be cheaper than Rem.
Back then firing pin for most Rems. was about $5,same pin today is $32.50.

Drm50,

The Freedom Group needs to pay off those new plants they built! :D

I spoke with an ex-employee at Marlin North Haven. Many long-employed people were laid off. They weren't union, either. The guy was selling off the B/W and negative gun photos, that they sent to advertisers, which someone threw in the garbage. Luckily I bought most of them. I paid him extra.

The only thing I can think, on the 8.00 shipping, is that they charge for someone to now breathe in the warehouse.

Rems

Dixie, you are preaching to the choir! You are right, with crap they are putting
out they should have a lot more space to store air for breathing purposes!

The hardware section of Home depot and Lowes have drawers full of assorted O rings. So do some auto supply stores (Pep Boys, for one). Sears hardware stores also have O ring assortments.

Pahoo mentioned neoprene is a no-go. I don't know why, and I don't know what most of them are made of, but I used them in one of my air guns.

Doing Homework.

Pahoo mentioned neoprene is a no-go. I don't know why
If you research this a bit, you will find a chart that not only includes physical properties but compatibility with certain chemicals. The chart really give you a great comparison. Neopene and or Buna-N is on the low end of the scale and Viton is much better. Does not mean that these low-end elastomers won't work; just means that they won't work as long as the better grades. Don't take my word for it, find out for yourself... ;)

Be Safe !!!

Back