10mm Vaquero!

Tamara

Moderator Emeritus
Yesterday my .38-40/.40 *&* Vaquero showed up in our shipment from Davidsons. The .40 cylinder came straight out of the bubble wrap and went right back to our gunsmith who was waiting with the 10mm Auto chamber reamer. About thirty minutes later, six booms announced a full load of CCI Blazer being emptied into the sand barrel.

Anyone else tried this yet?

No, but it sounds like a great idea! I may need one of those. I have been thinkiking of getting one because I have a Winchester Model 92 in ,38-49. Do you know if Ruger wil sell spare cylinders? I would be intersted in a convertible <38-40/10mm convertible.

Ruger used to make blackhawks in that configuration, but they were a limited run,IIRC. I didn't know they were making .40 S&W cylinders for them? Did you get it from Ruger or from someone else?
Me, I just want a dedicated .44 Special cylinder for my Super Blackhawk so I don't have to clean so much lead out.

That was my idea when I bought my .45 Blackhawk Convertible. The ACP cylinder in this gun is the ultimate .45 Super platform. Compared to the .45 Colt loads I shoot though it, Super is a pussycat.

I am thinking of getting it reamed sometime for .45 Win Mag, or .460 Rowland, but not until I wring all the "Super" fun out of it first...

Back