10mm owners: favorite factory ammo or bullet choice for hunting medium game ?

Double Tap, Buffalo Bore or Corbon would be my suggestions.

I reload so I would toss a 200 grn Hardcast LFN with a max load of 800x where I hunting.

Keep on the heavier side (165 grns an up) for bigger game. Pay for good ammo, practice with it and learn the trajectory.

Good Hunting!

Thanks , I'll look into these options and give them a try ! I know Federal is advertising a new 10mm hunting load but have not seen it available yet ! Winchester has 10mm ammo using a 175 grain silvertip hollow point that sound okay . I will get set up to handload the 10mm at some point but until then I'll try some factory loaded stuff !

Winchester has 10mm ammo using a 175 grain silvertip hollow point that sound okay

JHP's are good for SD on 2 legged critters but heavy hard cast are much better for hunting game with a handgun.

The Winchester 175g Silvertip has shown me excellent accuracy and an average velocity of 1200fps when tested from numerous guns.
Its bullet is sufficient up to deer.

Heavier bullets for bigger game......

Cmon man , let's see it !

Actually , I did post a picture of it awhile back on " My first 10mm auto " thread....it is a new Dan Wesson Razorback w ramped barrel !

I can't wait for the next deer season ! :)

Searching around , Underwood 10mm ammo seems to be the best bang for the money....it looks like you can get 50 rounds for what some are charging for 20 rounds of premium hunting ammo ! I would like to try the new Federal load with trophy bonded 180 grain soft point but it is spendy ! Reloading is the best solution and hope to get set up soon for that ! In deer wouldn't you want a handgun bullet that had some expansion yet adequate penetration as well ? Even though I have used hardcast bullets in my revolvers...I've wondered if it is overkill for deer ( penetration wise ) and you would want the bullet to expand more in the vitals on thin skinned game ? I can see where deep penetration is very important on tougher game ! Some seem to frown on hollow points but I've heard that some perform very well on game such as the Hornady XTP bullets ! Anyway , all information given is much appreciated !

Nice, coop2564....sounds like a dandy load too !

Back