10mm Hammer fired double stack decocker

Sig P220 Legion probably can't be equaled for trigger for DA/SA. I have yet to find a faster resetting trigger than the Sig SRT in anything not 1911, and it beats a lot of 1911 pattern guns too. https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/220r5-10-legion

For that price though, I'd also look very hard at the Tanfoglio Stock Master, Limited, Hunter, and "Gold Match". Gold Match is probably one of the nicest 10mm available and cheaper than the aluminum framed Sig. I like my Defiant 9mm. I also like my Elite P226.

I imagine almost nothing beats the Tanfoglio Gold Match for price and performance in 10mm (stated as an on purpose near absolute).

Finally...the Taurus 10mm TH10...I am done with Taurus now after more than many. That said, the TH series is (not functional) method copy of the HK USP set up....$400 gets you in? The TH9 is so similar to the recalled 24/7 models in this regard, I don't know why more aren't interested in using the super cheap Taurus to scratch the HK USP control set up.

Last edited:
EAA Witness, in multiple versions.
A buddy had a stainless Stock II model, and while I didn't shoot it, did some dry-fire and control manipulation; nice gun.

the Taurus 10mm TH10

It intrigues me. But I will let it age and see how it works out. Taurus has upped their game in the last decade, but I am still a little cautious about this one.

Finally...the Taurus 10mm TH10...I am done with Taurus now after more than many. That said, the TH series is (not functional) method copy of the HK USP set up....$400 gets you in?

Can the TH10 be converted to decocker only (no safety)?

Sorry. You are right. I was coming off the high of thinking about the new CZ S2 compact and how silly it doesn't have a decocker. Same goes for the half cock Tanfoglio. Tanfoglio does come drop safety...but i do like a decocker too.

I highly doubt it on the Th series. It's actually been out a long time (the series, not the TH10)...but nothing I see.

If you want a decocker 10mm, the Sig P220 is probably ultimate. If you just want SA/DA, the Tanfoglio gets my "look into these" nod. :)

If I were in the market for a 10mm Auto hammer-fire Pistol, then I would either go with a Tanfoglio or roll the dice with a Taurus TH10.

I was interested in getting a 10mm Pistol back in 2021, and at the time, the Tanfoglio Witness Elite Limited Pro was at the top of my list, but unfortunately I couldn't find them anywhere, so I ended up going in a different direction and got an H&K USP45 Elite which can take .45 Super/.450 SMC.

Taurus TH10: One review I watched showed a view from above, looking straight down at the slide. The ambi safety/ decocker levers stuck out excessively, like 1/32 - 1/16, from the sides of the frame. The reviewer comments on it. I’d like to see Taurus tighten those up a little and offer a right side only lever. Probably not much chance of the latter, Taurus has always been big on ambi safeties.

Grand Power P40 (4.25”) or P40L (5”). Both are DA/SA but you have to thumb-down the hammer for a DA first-shot after chambering a round. Or you can thumb-up the frame-mounted safety and carry the gun C&L-ed.

GP briefly offered a frame-mounted decocker 10mm model but the importer reports that it’s been discontinued.

To my knowledge, Grand Power is the only one out there that makes a pistol with all of the OP's mentioned features. Tanfoglio comes close, but no decocker (well, not one that doesn't involve the trigger and gently letting the hammer down.

Taurus TH10: One review I watched showed a view from above, looking straight down at the slide. The ambi safety/ decocker levers stuck out excessively, like 1/32 - 1/16, from the sides of the frame. The reviewer comments on it. I’d like to see Taurus tighten those up a little and offer a right side only lever. Probably not much chance of the latter, Taurus has always been big on ambi safeties.

In my experience, 10mm fans tend to generally be firearms enthusiasts, so they will already have a Dremel/Die Grinder to self mod. :D

Back