10mm EAA witness

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterGunn

EAA is releasing a 10mm version of its witness line of pistols. This is probably the closest thing I will get to a Bren Ten, at least in my lifetime with my bank account. Is this a weapon I sould consider? Durability is the primary concern.

------------------
"By His stripes we are healed..."

PeterGunn

Two of my friends bought a 10mm EAA Witness. For the price, this is a great gun.

However, the finish and appearance is poor, but no worse than a Ruger Automatic.

The trigger isn't that great. It has no decocker or ambidextrous safety. One of the two pistols had to go back to the factory for deburring--the slide permanently locked.

However, the pistol that worked shot great and handled the recoil well. The grip angle and design is extremely comfortable. It has shot about 500 rounds without a misfeed, jam, or any other problem.

With these caveats, where else can you buy a 10mm for about $300? I still want to buy one when EAA comes out with the ambidextrous safety and decocker. Notably, I bought the Glock 10mm instead.

[This message has been edited by Stoic (edited August 30, 1999).]

I have had one of these guns since April or so and I love it. It is extremely comfortable to hold and shoot. It has been very reliable in me experience.

Run a search on the "10mm Witness" and you should be able to find some of my other comments on the weapon.
It is probably the best buy in 10mm Auto's out there.

I would say that I love my witness 10mm. It is my current truck and carry gun because it is exceptionally reliable, and accurate. My particular specimen has a very smooth trigger and compares quite favorably to my les baer 45's trigger. I also like the DA pull of the witness and the solid feel of the pistol.

As other posts have pointed out it is not the nicest finished of the current guns but it is reliable, accurate and very powerful. What else can you ask for? By the way my next gun will be a witness 10mm longslide with the 4.75" ported superslide that should be available in october.

As one of the other 10mm advocates has said, "10mm Rules". If you buy this pistol, I expect you to be very pleasantly surprised and wanting another quickly.

I haven't laid hands on one of these yet, but it seems like a real good buy for the buck. Now all we need is an adjustable sight version. Dehorn it, smooth it up and have it finished in Robar's NP3, and THAT would be about as good as it gets!!

------------------
Mossyrock
I wasn't here. You didn't see me. Nobody can prove anything...

[This message has been edited by Mossyrock (edited August 31, 1999).]

Guys,

Can you give me some specs on the 10mm Witness? Is it standard DA/SA; how heavy is the pull for each? Barrel Length? Unloaded weight? About how much will a new one cost?

Also, since I stick with only a few well known manufacturers, I don't know to much about this company, EAA. Where is the corporate HQ?

Thanks in advance,

Mikie

------------------

I'll answer those I can:
>Is it standard DA/SA
Yes

>Barrel Length?
Full size 4.5"
Compact 3.66"

Unloaded weight?
Full size 33oz.
Compact 30 oz.

About how much will a new one cost?
Around $300.00

>Also, since I stick with only a few well known manufacturers,
>I don't know to much about this company, EAA.
>Where is the corporate HQ?

EAA is only the importer. they're located in Cocoa Beach, FL. (You know, where I Dream Of Jeannie lives.) The manufacturer is Tanfoglio, in Italy. Here's EAA's website:
http://www.eaacorp.com

Here's Tanfoglio's
http://www.tanfoglio.it

[This message has been edited by joegerardi (edited August 31, 1999).]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back