10MM barrel for hk USP??

idaho-ar15

I love the HK USP and USP compact but I've been bitten by the 10MM bug, does anyone make a 10mm barrel for the USP and USP compact .40 to change it to 10MM??

thanks
idaho-ar15

From what I understand...

only the full size .45 can be converted. The .40 mags are not long enough to fit the 10mm. Someone here (Alaska Dan?)has a .45 that has been converted.

They don't make a model of the USP in 10mm. I wouldn't suggest trying to modify a gun to shoot a round it's not designed for. But that is just my opinion.

Jadams, not a flame but please reread my post. I know HK doesn't make a 10mm pistol, that's why I'm asking about an aftermarket barrel that would drop in to make it use 10mm

idaho-ar15

I can't add any info, just another vote for this. If HK would make a USP compact in 10mm, I would certainly want one. A conversion barrel (if safe and reliable) would be a close second.

Doug

I agree, it would be nice to have a 10mm USP compact, but it definitely would have to be on the .45 size frame. I'm curious as to the conversion process, including modification of the magazines.

I would take a guess that they used a .40 slide on the .45 frame and stuck a 10mm barrel on it with modified magazines. I don't see how they could do it otherwise with so much of a difference between the case head diameters of the .45 and .40.

Another solution to get 10mm performance is to get a 45 USP Compact and a barrel for one of the 45's necked down to 10mm, similar to the .40 necked down to make the .357 Sig. I think the cartridge is named .40 Cor Bon or something like that. There are several of the wildcats/hybrids floating around and is hard to keep up with them.

Good Shooting
Red

You will have one small problem with using a 40 slide on a 45 frame. They are two different sizes. The 45 frame and slide are longer than the 9/40. The 45 frame will be about 1/4" longer than the slide.

Why deal with 10mm when you can order up some .450 SMC or .40 Super? Both are more powerful than the 10mm.

H&K USP-10mm Custom-

Well, been there done that! Why, when they make the .40 whatchacallit? Because they stock 10mm ammo at Wallymart. The gun itself is a modified USP-40 that works very well thank you and I highly prefer it to my Glock 20. Para Ord magazines are adaptable with a capacity of eightenn rounds plus one! To my knowlege the compact is not convertable although the project does sound interesting. I'll call Monte and ask? Roy

You are right, I forgot that the full size USP frame has a grip frame larger than the compact. I recall HK designing the Compact series to be different instead of chopping the frame and barrel of the full size like many of the manufacturers did.

Good Shooting
REd

Back