10mm and hardcast

AlaBusa

I have a really good load for it with 155g Hornady XTPs. Now, I am looking for a 200 grain hardcast load and am wondering about the best place to get bullets and what velocity range would be best to shoot for?
Any help and recommendations are gladly accepted! I have never loaded hardcast before.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

You can probably drive 200 gn hardcast as fast as any jacketed round of that weight in 10mm. Maybe slightly faster, as lead tends to be a smidge faster as similar weight jacketed bullets loaded to similar pressure. A properly sized bullet should see very little leading at the sub 1200 FPS range if you do your part in loading them. I was a fan of Matt Dardas’ cast bullets but he retired. Missouri cast are ok and a decent value. You can order straight from them, and they have powder coated options. I cast my own now.

That is about what I was thinking. I was going to shoot for 1100 fps. Should be an easy, fun to shoot load.

First, is the 10mm you have a Glock? Glocks with the factory barrel are not able to shoot lead bullets. Can be extremely dangerous.

As such, Berry's makes a plated 200 gr 10mm bullet. Inexpensive and while I don't know exactly how hard the lead is under the plating, my assumption is "hard enough."

First, is the 10mm you have a Glock? Glocks with the factory barrel are not able to shoot lead bullets. Can be extremely dangerous.

As such, Berry's makes a plated 200 gr 10mm bullet. Inexpensive and while I don't know exactly how hard the lead is under the plating, my assumption is "hard enough."
No, I shoot a Springfield XDm10 4.5 OSP.
5d59cb45485bd4f7c430908852049bd3.jpg

Back