• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

1000 posts! And I'm still here!

K80Geoff

This is post 1000 for me:) Just thought I would annoy the moderators a bit:)

Do I get any perks, rewards, maybee a "get out of jail free" card?

Anyway thanks for the forum Rich, it has changed since I joined up back in 98. Still the best forum on the net.:D

Geoff Ross

Aw come on guys, he hit 1000. He is almost there. Since he apparently knows about it why make him wait for another 200 to post. At least give him a little. Yes, I am a trouble maker. ;)

Geeeez.....

...based on just the post totals alone on those responding only a 1000 seems small.;)

Seriously, as the Bluesman said, your post have always emphasized quality as well as quanity.

The good ol' days........

George......just bites us. Bite us all. LOL

(The :eek: is that George had.....what 4K post as Kodiac before changing to his real name!)

Do you know how I do it?

I am a Router Technology Manager in a call center.
As a manager I have a lot of reports to run and monitoring to do... in the meanwhile I keep a TFL window open on my desk top. While a report is compiling - I can scan TFL.

I went from gunslinger to Key Board Pilot. I started out with Cisco Systems answering phone calls. They soon said "George - lets not have you... uh... actually TALK to our customers... yeah..." (I had a habit of transfering pissed customers to a Telco 1-800 number in Scottland so they could cool off) Now I manage (Not for Cisco anymore - a competitor... ever hear of Nortel Networks?).

Anyways, while I might not have time to respond to everything I read... I'm keeping track of you guys. :D

I went from gunslinger to Key Board Pilot.

Well, any time you go from a Gunslinger to anything else it must be considered a down grade.;)

Back