10-Round Mags for 1911s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skorzeny

Can some of the Cognoscenti share their experiences with the following 10-round mags for 1911s?

Wilson Combat
Chip McCormick
Springfield "Match" (Mec-Gar's probably)

Specifically, I would like to know if these are as reliable as 7-round mags (good enough for home/self-defense).

Thanks.

Skorzeny

------------------
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the supreme excellence. Sun Tzu

I have used the Chip McCormick 10's in a match and just playing around. I have had no problems with the three I have.

[This message has been edited by johnboy (edited October 19, 1999).]

I have a couple of McCormicks. They work, but they increase the profile of the gun considerably. I use them for practice, but I stick with Mec-Gar 8-rounders for carry.

------------------
"Janet Reno is the fire that ignites my loins."
--Joe Cartoon

I have Mec-Gars and Metalforms both brands work great. I had nothing but trouble with the McCormicks. BTW the nickel plated Mec-Gars are very smooth in their operation.

I will say it again...

WILSONs, WILSONs, WILSONs,
THE BEST 1911 MAGS MADE ON THE PLANET...
ALL OF THEM 6ers,7s,8s & 10spots...

------------------
SURE SHOT

You know, everybody always carries on about the Wilsons, but I've found the Mec-Gars to be just as good. Before I sold my 1911 (just didn't need it since my Glock 33 is so great) , I was buying 10-rnd Mec-Gars for $9.95 from Cheaper than Dirt. I just checked, they're up to $10.97 now, but that's still a great deal for what you're getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back