10/22T Trigger pull

RDF

I notice the trigger pull is about 8lbs. Ever thing I've read states the trigger pull is 2-3/4-to-3-1/2lbs. Will it loosen up when i use it or should i send it back to Ruger to be fixed?

Get a trigger job. My 10/22T came with a beautiful trigger out of the box. Few believe it came that way. Maybe mine slipped past the lawyers.

An 8 lb. trigger is very stiff for a 10/22T. Sounds like the hammer or sear may have a burr or they are not mated corectly. Did you check it with a trigger pull guage? Mine also came with a good trigger, good but not great. The pull was around 3 1/2 lbs. I have installed a Volquartsen hammer and sear and it is now around 2 1/4 lbs. That one change improved my 50 yd groups at least .3 inches.

RDF, Ruger 10/22 (and yes the 10/22T as well) are not known for good triggers, of course the gun is very reasonably priced & mass produced. Still they are normally very accurate out of the box & are an upgraders dream.
As Mal H has done, I too have installed a Volquartsen triggers & man what an improvement.
You can order the triggers through Brownells (on-line catalog at www.brownells.com ) and they sure help all aspects of the trigger operation plus they are "drop-in" which means no machining or gun-smithing needed.

enjoy, k

I have placed several orders to the folks at
On Target Guns and have had excellent and fast service. Their prices are a little lower than those from Brownells and directly from Volquartsen.

MAL H, I check it with a RCBS gauge. I have being thinking about the Volquartsen kit. I'll get it a little later instead of sending it back to Ruger. Thanks

Back