10.22Magnum loose receiver to action

Tinbucket

I have a /Ruger 10.22Magnum, that the receiver to action fit is loose, very loose.
Two pins hold them together loosely and the stock keeps them from falling out.
I've looked, on the Internet but all headings lead to someone wanting to sell shim kits and pins for a 10.22 trigger, sear etc.
Also i Hear hooror stories, apparently true that all the tungsten bolts will develop cracks and fracture over time.
I also read of magazine account where gun was fired without cleaning, for some amount, cleaned lubed and 2000 rounds since then and stil going strong.
The Rimfire forums show plastic cross pins to replace the steel cross pin and adsorb recoil. Try as I may I can register as every time it says pass wordds don't match to ask there.
I'm being to consider selling it as prices are hovering over a thousand, if I face a non replaceable bolt cracking.
So how to prevent bolt self desrtucting, and 2 how to tighten up the action to receiver fit, or oversize pins?

I'm assuming you have as Ruger 10/22 22mag. Are the pins worn or the holes? I doubt the holes in the receiver are worn, maybe the slop is in the trigger assembly that can be replaced for not much money

10.22 Magnum oose receiver to action

The gun is thirty years old or so but had maybe 50 rounds though it when new and another 30 rounds maybe this year.
It is band new essentially.No marks no dings.
I cleaned it with CLP which it did not need and the receiver inside does not show any scuffing of the blue.

The receiver is the action. You saying the barrel is loose? Or the trigger group is loose?
Highly unlikely either the pins or holes are worn, but buying new slightly larger pins isn't expensive. Measure the diameters of the existing ones and buy some bigger split pins.

10.22 magnum loose receiver to action

The trigger group. ins are the problem they are too undersized.
I haven't found a listing for over sized pins.
I lack tooling to cut an polish long pieces of rod and polish etc.

The trigger group. ins are the problem they are too undersized.
I haven't found a listing for over sized pins.
I lack tooling to cut an polish long pieces of rod and polish etc.

First, is the looseness causing a problem? If not, why fix it?

Measure pin length and diameter with calipers. Measure hole diameter too. Go online and look for pins the same diameter as the hole, the length you need. You can file the length down if you have to. Heck, a hacksaw and a hand drill are all you need to make the pins.

Small Metals, McMaster Carr and many others have the pins.

Jeff

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Back