10-22 Trigger Mods

Ragtop

Inactive
I am considering the purchase of aftermarket trigger components to reduce trigger pull on my 10-22. I am mechanically inclined and reasonably capable of using hand tools and good judgement. Is this a project that I could expect to be successful in accomplishing? Or, should I have a gunsmith do the work no matter what. Any other suggestions?

Best regards,
Ragtop

Hi, I used a Volquartsen titanium parts set on my 10/22, and it was pretty darn easy. The only time you really need a screwdriver is when you're taking the reciever off of the stock, the rest is mostly pins that you can just push out. It's pretty easy, give it a try before you hand over your cash to a gunsmith.

Originally posted by TwoGuns:
Two Guns,
Are you satisfied with the performance of the Volquartsen parts?

Currently the trigger pull on my 10-22 is in the neighborhood of 6.5 lbs. Far too much...I'm no weakling but I'm fully aware of my aching wrist after a 200-300 rds. I'd like to have it in the 1.5 lb to 2 lb region.

Ragtop

Ragtop, I have no doubt that you can probably do this yourself. As Two Shots says it's really just a matter of taking it apart and putting it together. George

The trigger pull is ALOT better, I'm very satisfied. Lock time has improved as well. I can't say the exact trigger pull weight...but I can tell it's a big difference when comparing my target 10/22 to my other standard 10/22. And with my hogue barrel, I'm getting really good groups at 100 yards.

TwoGuns, George,
Thanks very much for the advice. I now feel confident that I'll be doing the right thing with the Volquartsen parts.

Regards,
Ragtop

Back