10/22 target what kind of scope?

house

I just picked up a 10-22 target model and would like to buy a scope for it? What would you recomend? I will be doing shooting from 15 feet to 100 yards. small bore rifle shooting.Thanks

I would reccomend a leupold that has an adjustable objective. The adjustable objective is necessary on a .22 due to paralax problems you will encounter shooting at shorter distances than you normally would with a centerfire rifle. If cost is a factor I think tasco makes some economy models that have adjustable objectives.

I would suggest a 3-9X variable if you're going out to 100yds. Try to get one with an objective larger than 30mm.

- Ron V.

------------------

Like M16 said, go with adjustable objective
and get the scope with highest magnification
you can...I use 4-16x40. It's a beauty and
strength of the .22 rifle to deliver hit
exactly where you want it - but you must be able to see the target in every detail.

Cost is some what a factor. I am looking to spend may be 100 to 200 around there. Like you guys said i should go with adjustable objective. How are BSA scopes Vs Tasco. Or any other brands. I am still trying tofind a good price on a leupold and also what kind?
thanks.

Mine has a Simmons 6-24x. I will say that at 24x it is just about usless unless I use a rest (can use it standing but get "sea-sick" feeling)

I took the "other route" on my T10-22 & went low power. I chose a Leupold RF Special in 2x7. (RF = RimFire) The "Parallax Free" is adjusted for 65 yards instead of 150 the high power rifle models. With this scope Parrallax has never been a problem from 25 yards out to 125 yards. It is light weight & has very good optics & light gathering for the size of its front bell. I also put one on my wifes "regular" 10-22 & she loves it.

I bought a BSA 6-24 variable, large over kill but I am going to put it on a 308 later( if it proves to hold a good zero with that much kick) in a buyers guide magazine I have seen the price anywhere from 150 down to 125/130. In my opinion it was a good deal.

I really hate it when price is a factor! While I don't have the Target Model I chose to put a Leupold VX III AO on the one I hobbed together with pieces and parts found at Brownell's. The trick with shooting your 22 at ranges between 25 and 100 yds is learning the bullet's trajectory! Get an AO
and have fun.
Hank

Back