10/22 suppressor/barrel question

shokkazulu

I am wondering what my best options would be for a suppressor for a 22 (probably a 10/22). So far I think I am stuck on the sparrow 22. What would I expect to pay for one? The MSRP is $499, is that what I should expect? Second what is a good barrel, I like the tactical solutions barrel. However I think I would like something in the 20 inch range. Last question, who/where is a good place in the Evansville IN area to work with for my first NFA dealings.

Thanks

Check out the SWR Spectre II, they're awesome! I've got one that I use on a Ruger 10/22, M&P 15-22, M&P 22 pistol, and a Sig (name evades me) pistol. They're full auto safe and can handle 5.7 too. Along with being WELL under $400 and super quiet.

Check out silencedamerica.com ....that's where I bought mine and couldn't be happier with it.

As for the best barrel, and where to deal at home- sorry, I've got no input. I usually buy suppressors from online places and have them transfer to my local dealer on a form 3. Turns out to be cheaper than the local dealer would normally sell them.

Good luck :D

I have a AAC Prodigy that should be ready any day now. I can't comment much until after I shoot it but I have heard nothing but good things. I have also heard that Innovative Arms in Columbia, SC produces some very nice .22 cans.

I have a sparrow on my 10/22, I had a gunsmith thread my factory barrel, he also cut it down a bit to 16in, he was also able to reattach the front sight. My 10/22 shoots great, definitely my most shot gun.

Dont forget to consider a .223 suppressor which would allow you to go up to a .223 rifle and also your 22lr.

Using a 22lr dedicated means it may not handle the pressure of a 223 so you dont get the best of both worlds.

I wouldn't recommend shooting too much .22 LR through a .223 can. Most .223 cans aren't designed to be dissassembled; the pressure is high enough most of the carbon and fouling blows right out of the can, and only a relatively thin layer ever accumulates inside.

But when you shoot .22 through it, the pressure isn't high enough and most of the fouling stays inside the can. And it's made worse by the fact that the .22 is a dirty cartridge and leaves a lot of lead fouling.

So while you normally don't need to clean a .223 can, you will if you shoot .22 through it, but it will be difficult to get the lead fouling out if it can't be dissassembled. Besides, .22 is usually quieter when shot through a can specifically designed for it.

I love my tactical solutions SBX barrel with a suppressor... Still pending on the suppressor

sbx-barrel.jpg

I have threaded 10/22 barrels from both Hi-desertdog and Tactical Innovations, and the threads on both have been perfectly aligned, so they work fine with my Outback II. The Outback II is an older can, and is not user serviceable, so it is less popular these days, but works great and is very light.

I have threaded a lot of 10-22 barrels.
I single point thread on centers.
If anyone needs one threaded, email me through my profile here...

thanks I will keep in mind. I have my paperwork sent in and my check got cashed 3rd week of Jan. I am hope to get the rest back June/July. Oh I settled with Sparrow.

I've always been happy with the Sparrow and Element. Gem-Tech has always been great to me. Fast service and great communication.

Dont forget to consider a .223 suppressor which would allow you to go up to a .223 rifle and also your 22lr.

Using a 22lr dedicated means it may not handle the pressure of a 223 so you dont get the best of both worlds.

Using a centerfire rifle can on a 22 just isn't practical considering size and weight, not to mention the lead build up issue if the can isn't serviceable.

A rimfire can WILL NOT handle the pressures of 223 or any other centerfire cartridges.

Get a rimfire can for rimfires, and a rifle can for centerfires, there is no best of both worlds here.

Get a rimfire can for rimfires, and a rifle can for centerfires, there is no best of both worlds here.

That bears repeating.

You should see the crap that comes out of my .22 can after 1000 to 1500 rounds. Mixing all that crud with the pressure of a .223 is a bad idea.

Get a good quality, take apart .22 can. You won't regret it.

I've got a Liberty Kodiak TL can---REALLY like it. Doesn't seem to blow
as much gunk back into the gun as most. 500 rds between cleanings
is common.

I use it on:

Ruger 22/45. The one with the factory short threaded barrel. Standard
velocity 22 stays sub-sonic in this one.

Ruger 10/22 with a SBX barrel. I run CCI sub-sonic, functions 100%.

Savage MKII FV-SR. This combo with sub-sonic ammo is crazy
quiet.

Back