10/22 sights

legacy38

I didn't really like the sights on my 10/22. The notch on the rear sight was just too small for me to get a good sight picture. So, I thought that I would see about putting another type of sight on it.

I was looking at the rear sight and I noticed that the part with the notch on it can be turned upside down. The other side has a square notch on it as compared to the rounded notch.

I'm going to try this and see how I like it.

Have any of you changed the sights on your 10/22? If so, what kind of sights did you put on it. I would love to put sights similar to the old Remmington Nylons on mine.

Not a big fan of scopes here, but a full size scope of 4X on a 10-22 is a mighty good combo.

Last one had a Leopold 4X left over from a gun trade. Current one just has a Simmons 2 1/2X shotgun scope. Ran outa cash(G)...

They used to sell fire-sights for the 10/22. I do not know about now. They used to be made of some sort of glowing substance (light reflects on it). I believe the color was red. If not go with the scope, 4x is good for the .22LR. Later.

I was shooting a couple of weeks back and I noticed my groupings getting wider and wider. I had been shooting for three hours and figured it was time to head to the house...Just a few more shots before leaving...and the rear sight fell off. Luckily, the screws remained on the bench. But anyway, I hope to put a quality Williams sight on - if I would stop buying all those other gun-related things and save my $ to buy one. Brownell's has most Williams products listed and they are top quality. I tried the fire sights, but they seemed a little "toyish" compared to a good quality iron sight. Hope my 2c's helps..

Some other 10/22 sight options are

Zepher Sights - Looks a lot like an HK style mounts on the Dovetail , I think you can get them from Gun Parts Corp.

Red Dot Sighs - Eletronic gizmos but quit nice from what I have read. Tried one of the ulta-cheap Daisy's and lo and behold it actully worked !

[This message has been edited by Nestor Rivera (edited November 18, 1999).]

My Ruger 10/22 seems to do very well with the following combination: Redfield Gold Star 1-4X scope w/duplex reticle on a set of Weaver hi-mount rings. I can drill little plastic army men (they are fun targets, really) off the target stand at 50m regularly.

I find that scope mounts that raise the sight line slightly make shooting the 10/22 a little more comfortable.

I shot my 10/22 'till the rear sight fell apart :) (I lost the screwes though :() so I just tossed a cheap 4x scope on it now and have more fun with it :)

Back