10/22 Sbr

ISC

I'm thinking about building a 10/22 with short barrel.

I'm thinking 8" barrel with a reciever mounted rear sight, a butler creek folding stock, and M16/A2 flash suppressor.

I would like to keep the flexibility to change out the barrel to different lengths at will. If you are wondering why I don't just get a charger, it's because I want something that looks like a SMG with a folding stock. Kind of like a tec 22 except it works.

Does anyone have a link for a walk through description of the process with imbedded links to the applicable forms?

SBRs are OK in Fl.

When you fill out the form 1 they will require you to specify an actual barrel length, pick the length you want and overall length you want on the form.

Then in additional description text box, put configuration will vary between 4-16" barrel and pistol style or other various stock types.

That way if you change the configuration at least something on the form will describe what you have when the PoPo is checking you out.

That way if you change the configuration at least something on the form will describe what you have when the PoPo is checking you out.

If you have the parts to return the NFA item to the description/condition noted on the F1, you're good to go. Sometimes my SBR has a full wooden stock, sometimes a folding stock, sometimes just a PG, and barrels between 3" and 12". :)

Another question. I've been thinking about a 10/22 SBR as well. There are steel versions of the 10/22 receiver available. They are expensive, around $300, but the $200 NFA tax is too.

Who here has gone with the steel receiver and who has just used the stock aluminum 10/22 receiver?

Sometimes my SBR has a full wooden stock, sometimes a folding stock, sometimes just a PG, and barrels between 3" and 12".

Is it safe to assume the the NFA stamp applies to the receiver, and not the whole rifle (thus allowing the swapping of barrels)?

Crosshair

I have the factory receiver. :)

fisherman66

Yes, the stamp applies to the receiver. I may have this in any configuration as long as it stays semi-auto - 16" barrel and normal stock, 3" barrel, no stock, whatever. It's fun.

Back