10-22 drop in target barrels

house

Bought another 10-22 for my son this time. Wish i had the same. I bought a 10-22T.
Now that i have his 10-22 at home i want to make it a tack driver :) If you guy have a Midway catolog, there are barrels there but i do not know witch one to buy. The maker is
Adams and Bennett. Also the back page has fajen stocks and barrels. I belive most of them are 18in. Is this a good lenght? Please help me out here.

Adams and Bennet is not a real company. It's just a name made up by Midway for marketing aftermarket barrels. There are three or so manufacturers makin the Adams and Bennet barrels. Your performance will depend on which manufacturer you get. If you get Volquartsen or Shilen, you won't be disappointed.

A word of caution about these match barrels. They're match barrels and being prima donnas, like match ammo. I've a couple of relatives who had that experience and one may be having it reamed to "non-match specs" to restore the pure plinking pleasure he enjoyed. Extraction or ejection with proletariat ammo (read cheap like me) is not assured. They do shoot better, but their diet may be more expensive. If you go that route, try lotsa different brands to find out what it likes. Good luck.

4v50 Gary

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

Is 18in barrel a good length Or should i get something longer?
Also anybody know were i can get the carbon fiber barrel?

If they are using the same stats as the original Butler Creek barrels they will have a "Bentz" match chamber. This is a close tolerance chamer that will allow more choices in bullet type and brand. Several years ago I converted quite a few 10/22 rifles for friends and used butler creek barrrels. We were never disapointed. I even have one that would shoot one hole groups at 50 yds. with K-Mart bargan box ammo. That is a true treasure. My two favorite conversions are a SS butler creek BBl. shortened to 16 1/8" on a Butlercreek sporter stock with a Williams peep rear and the Ruger factory front sights. It also has a electric dot sight mounted scout style in front of the receiver for dark days. They other is a full 20" fluted Butler Creek barrel,and an Anschutz style stock with Lyman Olympic Rear and front sights off a Rem. 40X. These are both excellent fun guns. I plan on getting one of the Butler Creek Carbon fiber barrels to put on a folding stock 10/22 for my canoe gun. I can reccoment any of the Butler creek products for the 10/22. I have used most of them.

Cheers,
ts

Cawdor i am very pleased with my 10-22T its just i have put so much money in to it. When i bought my sons 10-22 the other day i spent 144.95 on it new in the box. On sale. I am building a tack driver ot of it. And it seem
that i am geting the same rifle for less.
My 10-22T i bought at $349.00,volquran parts and other goodes and a scope. probley spent close to $600.00. my son's 10-22 with all the goods has come out to be about $300.00.
I am still very happy with my gun but i like to save money also. If money is not a concern go for it they are great!!

Ditto on the Butler Creek barrels. They are pretty accurate for their price range. They are target barrels that don't require match ammo. If you get the carbon fiber barrel, don't get any "gun scrubber" type solvents on it. I learned the hard way.

House, thanks for the clarification. You can buy a lot of .22LR ammo with $300.

I am leaning toward the 10/22T because I am not finding much of a difference in cost between a 10/22T and a "custom" 10/22. I can buy a new 10/22T in stainless for $299. A new standard 10/22 in stainless is $169. Natchez, 800-251-7839, has a Butler Creek stock and stainless barrel for $132 ($150 if fluted). Either way, the base gun is $300 to $325. Based on the reviews I've read, the groups for the 10/22T and the Butler Creek 10/22 are about the same.

Hey Cawdor read my post on FLUTED barrels. A top manufacture of 10-22 target barrels says fulted barrels are no good, but i dont no if thats true thow but check it out.

I love my 10/22T that I bought used but like new for $210 (blue). With mt cheap 3x9x32 bannerscope I can eaily cover all shots with a penny at 100 to 125 feet. It shoots as well as my friends custom, $600 plus 10/22. It puts a smile on my face to consistently hit 9mm cases at that distance. I now pratice hitting the cases at that distance rapid fire as it is no challenge to do it slow fire. I am using cheap Federal copper plated ammo that Walmart sells for $8.96 for 550 rounds. I heard same dealers are buying their ammo at Walmart and reselling it at $12 to $14 per box. Ordered a Weaver V24 (6x24x42AO) for $250 at Natchez(ss.com) and will try .22 cases as a target. I really enjoy shooting so cheaply and with that accuracy. Do not know if all 10/22T's are this accurate. It is a bit heavy though. It is also a good looking rifle that is built very well.

Back