10/22 broken part

rlgarman

I have a 10/22 that i just install a Power Custom hammer and sear kit in. This reduced the trigger pull from 6.5/7.5lbs to a consistant 2.5(I also got a RCBS trigger pull guage). After shooting 40-50rds, it jammed. I ended up taking it apart and a piece of metal fell out. I was that kinda "L" shaped dohickey that flops up and down on one of the pins near the top, I forget what it is called, but in any case, I removed the remaining piece and put it back together and resumed shooting with no apparent loss of fuction. What is it? Should I order a replacement?

Sounds like a broken ejector. The ejector on my 10/22 broke right after I got it about 8 years ago (bought it used). Still haven't replaced it yet the gun still functions but I do get an ocassional jam. Really didn't know what it was until about a year ago.

If it is the top pin in the trigger housing that traps this part,then it is the ejecter.replace as soon as possible,otherwise the bullet is ejecting off of aluminum

Or it could be the ejector. Ruger will probably replace it free. If you want to get the part in a hurry, you can probably get it from Brownell's.

Thanks to all for the replies, I will order a replacement. If it wasn't needed, Ruger wouldn't have put it there in the first place

Back