10/22 All-weather or 882SS?

Hueco

Which is the better rifle? Accuracy? Reliabiltiy? And since the 10/22 is both a blow-back and a LR -- will it consistently reach to 100 yds? Which would you go for? Thanks.

Hueco

Hueco,
I don't think that any .22 rifle will be consistant at 100 yds.
As to the two rifles, I'd choose the Marlin. I just like Marlins. I just bought a "Papoose" and I have a 882SSV on order. However the 10/22 is a great rifle and there are tons of aftermarket accessories.

Will

How much did the Papoose cost, if I may ask? I'm debating between it and the 10/22. I would guess that the 10/22 is more accurate and more reliable if a little heavier, and costs a little less. But a scoped Papoose would be an easy rifle to pack around.

------------------

i bought a Marlin 60 SS for 159 a couple o weeks ago

very nice!
laminate stock, stainless, 17 rounds in a tube

dZ

------------------
"walk softly and carry a big stick, one that goes bang in .308 is fine"

CTMGSM,
The "Papoose" was a little under $200.00. I was looking for a small take-down rifle that would hide behind the seat of my truck, or in the trunk of my Honda Pacific Coast. I wanted something on hand when the urge to plink became overwhelming. :)
I looked at the Henry's, but the Papoose was nicer. (All Stainless)
I just like Marlins. I was thinking of a Ruger 10/22 also, but I think one of the SS Marlins in WMR with a scope will be the next purchase. (Can't shoot the AR all the time!)

Will

Marlin 882SSV. A friend has one. Accurate as hell. I bought a 10/22 (regular) the same time and didn't do as well. Maybe it's just me. Later I bought all the goodies for it. If you are going to buy a 10/22, just buy a plain one and fix it up. Don't spend the extra money on an All-weather and later scraping the stock for a new one.

I think that there is no 22lr today that delivers the value that the 10/22's do. I bought a 25 year old one for 75$ and it shoots as well as my buddy's new one. We both picked up Hogue stocks, Buttler Creek bull barrels, a bipod, and 9x32 Bushnell critter scopes. They are great fun, bulletproof, look killer, and are accurate out to 100 yards. You all can keep your Savage bolt actions.
DENT GUY

Back