1-6/8 Power scope suggestions

cmdc

I have several 1-4 power scopes for my ARs, but am wanting to up the power. What would you suggest. I want a true 1x.

I will add that I have been researching this extensively online, but it gets confusing pretty fast for me, because every scope has lovers and haters. I much prefer to get hands on, but in my area the options are limited.

Thanks

I looked at a Leupold VX6 and liked it. Not as heavy as the Mark 8, but not sue about the sturdiness.

cmdc, as for sturdiness, I can the Leupold and Burris are going to be the winners there, until you cross over into the $2500 and up range.

The Mark8 is a fine optic. I prefer the XTRII line from Burris, but they are a bit heavy, especially on ARs. I am seeing some really good things from Lucid if the Leupold and Burris do not take your fancy.

Talked to a Leupold tech last night. Very helpful fellow, by the way.

I asked him about the VX6 and the Mark 6. He said the Mark 6 is a bit heavier as it is built to military specs(there's around 3-4oz difference in weight). The interesting thing he told me was that if one is going to use a scope for hunting, the VX6 is the way to go, because the lenses are better in low light conditions. It has coatings on the lenses that the Mark6 doesn't have because it was designed to be used with night vision equipment, so doesn't need the extra lens treatments.

Back