00 buck at Walmart. Good price!

jeager106

Box of 25 rounds of the standard load of nine 00 buck for $11.98 per 25 round box, comes out to about .48 cents a pop.
Best buckshot price I've seen so I bought 2 boxes.
ZQ .308 FMJ & 5.56 FMJ came down 3 bucks per box also.
Found in stock some .38 SPL Win. +P 125 gr. h.p. @ $24.97 box/50
so bought some ZQ .308s & .Win. 38s.

Last edited:
Some of us use our shotguns for HD, and we like to see how our shotgun...and ourselves...perform with real SD ammo.
Besides, it's fun to see how buckshot patterns at different ranges.

It's good to see shooters that pattern shotguns.
I like to pattern mine with various loads, especially hunting loads
at various ranges.
Many, many, people keep a s.g. for defensive purposes and if so should
shoot with whatever the chosen load is.
I did 00 & #4 buck patterns at various ranges just to understand what
the effective pattern distances were.
Close range is a no brainer but you have to hit the "target" as it's easy to miss even with a s.g. at close range.
00 buck makes a really lousy load for shooting clay birds tho.:D

I've been using Sellior & Bellot double ought. And I always shoot what I use for SD purposes just so I know what I'm getting for shot placement versus aiming point.

I use my shotgun HD but use Rio Royal 00 buck or Federal XM127. I use Federal flitecontrol LE132 00 buckshot for HD and shoot 5-10 rounds of the flitecontrol rounds. But because the flitecontrol rounds are more costly I don't shoot them that often.

Might try some No. 1 buck instead of No. OO. Shot diameter drops from .33 caliber to .30 caliber, but projectile count goes up nicely. Pattern is the same, but probability of a hit goes up, something to consider when looking down the hallway in the night.

Back